What makes you tired? And Top tips to overcome tiredness
How are you? Hope you are well! I recently went to a blogging conference and one of the companies at the event was introducing us to an iron supplement. Just like the combination of supplements and tiredness, parenting and tiredness go hand in hand! I know it’s not an intriguing and uplifting topic to write about. However, it’s there, unpleasant but true. I thought of writing a piece on tiredness and my top tips to overcome tiredness. There could be many reasons (medical and non medical) for tiredness. I am going to talk about the non-medical reasons. Being a mum, I know what makes me tired and apart from that, here’s the list:
- Too much screen
- Not planning your day
- Nothing to do
- Not drinking enough water
1) I feel that continuous use of phone to see updates on social media takes a lot of our time and energy. Usually we tend to wake up with the phone. To look around what’s happening around the world. Who has gone where? What’s your friend upto? Pictures, videos, quotes, people, the list is endless. It’s addictive. It’s fun. It’s no brainer. It’s relaxing for about 10 minutes. But after that it goes on and on and the first hour of your day’s gone and you will end up exhausted to start your day. Because you have already travelled the world, seen so many people and been into their lives.
Use traditional alarm clock to wake up
Turn off the Wi- Fi overnight
First hour of the day to yourself: mediate, exercise, think, breathe, jump, see the clouds..it’s up to you:-)
2) I have also noticed that when I shuffle and try to do too many things, I tend to get anxious. It usually happens when I don’t have a schedule for my day. If I make a schedule and get them done as planned, I feel uplifted.
Schedule your day: Because it makes you more flexible:-)
Even when you think of tidying up as your schedule, make time slots with breaks. Then you look forward to your breaks (tidying is not enjoyable, especially when you have kids).
3) When you are at home and you feel the pressure of being unproductive and inefficient, you either flick the channels on TV or look for something on Youtube as a means of distraction.
Go out for a stroll and explore nature or a walk and you will come back refreshed.
A nap. Make sure you keep your phone away.
4) You might have experienced that inspite of drinking cups and cups of coffee and tea, you still feel tired and exhausted.
Keep yourself hydrated with good old water.
To sum up, here’s my top tips to overcome tiredness: